With a dozen of associated networks and calls, we are joining many associative, citizen, cultural, trade union and political forces that refuse the current orientations of the EU.
Organizing an Alternative Summit seems a useful step in that direction.
We call all forces to join the appeal formally launched during an inter-network conference convened on Friday March 30, 2012, at the initiative of the Joint Social Conference
Below : the roadmap decided by 40 organisations on June 29th ; most important steps are the public launching day on 11/11 in Firenze, and the alter summit inspring 2013 in Athens
• Early July 2012: establishment of an European steering coordination, and national coordinations (or regional in large countries)
• September 2012 – Milano (13-14-15/09)
Finalization of the launch day of 11.11.12 (inside “Firenze 10 10”) Update on national or regional meetings scheduled for October Update on the preparation of synchronized popular mobilizations in January (?) 2013 First project for Alter Summit in Athens (tbc)
• October 2012 Preparation of the “Florence >> Street >> Athens” process in as many countries or regions, by union meetings / social movements, based on a paper prepared for the launching day of 11/11/12.
Completion of the program of the Athens Alter Summit and of the date of the event of national or regional in January.
• November 2012 – from 8 to 11 Involvement of organizations carrying the project Alter Summit in “Firenze 10+10” : in the sectoral discussions on 8th 9th and 10th ; and during the day of 11/11 on the launching of the Alter Summit of Athens.
• January or February 2013 (? Tbc) National events “Another Europe Now! “A common date and common slogans (to be decided on 11.11.12). These events build the mobilization of the Alter Summit, and enable the “mass” of activists to get involved
• 1st half-year2013 Alter Summit in Athens (conference, ” debt court ” event, questioning policies …) (rem : WSF to be held in Tunisia late March)
• After Spring 2013: continuing to mobilize European and national, also in line with the European elections in 2014.