* GlobalSquare (also known as Occupy the WSF initiative) is a name chosen during the last couple of meetings. You may remember another project, called The Global Square, which is not the same but we are both in touch and we will try to go to the WSF in Tunisia with the same spirit as The Global Square and others when they occupied the Berlin Biennale.
Our next meeting
- Date: Thursday, 17th of January 2013
- Time: 19.00 GMT in Mumble, for your location please use the time zone converter
- Location: Occupytalk.org server, room: Assemblies & Round Tables > OPEN SPACE
- Pad for agenda and minutes: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare5 (add your proposals here)
About our initiative
From 26-30 March 2013 the World Social Forum (WSF) will take place in Tunis. The WSF is a global meeting bringing together civil society organisations, social movements and activists to discuss our struggles to build another world. In the recent meetings of Agora99 andFirenze10+10 a diverse group of individuals, active in 15M, Occupy and other grassroots movements and networks around the globe, started to talk about the possibilities to participate in the WSF in Tunisia, recognizing this can be the right time and place to come together and share our experiences and practices.
To discuss and organize our participation in the WSF, we started an open communication process through regular online meetings and a mailing list, building a space open to a variety of initiatives, gathering particularly participants from the various movements mostly emerged throughout the year 2011 (Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Morocco, Spain, Chile, United States, Quebec, etc).
During previous meetings many proposals have been suggested: a series of assemblies within the official program of the WSF, an open space about the future of our struggles, communication skill-sharing workshops, a camp and caravan in Tunis, and more. In order to makethese activities as open and inclusive as possible, we also discussed the options of a solidarity fund for travelling and interactive live connection with our activities in Tunisia.
The coming months we will continue to develop these plans. We intend to always keep our process open to new people, new proposals, constructive criticism and fresh fuel to the fire from all the corners of the world. Therefore we warmly welcome your participation in our online meetings and mailing list.
How to use Mumble
Mumble is a voice chat Open Source software (works similar to skype but is not a corporate tool). Please follow these instructions to get connected.
How to get involved
In case you can’t make it this time, here is an overview of the many ways you can get involved in this initiative!
You are more than welcome to share this message in your networks!